Monday, December 06, 2004

The Accidental Tourist

Oh my goodnesssssss.

I received my very first "comment" on my blog! Thank god! I was beginning to think that only Dan Brown, Aramous, Lady K and the Bears read my blog. Oh wait...maybe Giermo still reads it...maybe. Also, I gave my link to The Eye Guy today...I wonder if he will indeed check it out.

It would be nice to think that the rest of the Clan reads this..but as far as I know, only Papa Bear and Lady K do. So far ne pas de comment from Goatboy...though I imagine him reading, chewing at his beard and laughing raucously at my foibles. (A note on Goatboy - possibly the best kisser I've ever been fortunate to lock lips with.)

So another blogger posted to my "Let's Talk About Sex Baby" post. Hurray. Yes my blog is shoot-from-the-hip as opposed to out-of-the-side-of-my-mouth and I full admit that on ocasion, I do talk-out-my-ass, but aside from all that anatomy, this blog is really ME. (I was going to say Me on paper...but that isn't correct and me on screen seems even more egotistical than normal...even for me)

So hurray.

One thing I have noticed...is that my blog on here only appears to have 1 post and a mere 233 words written. Now we all know that this simply isn't true...but I have no way of correcting this misinformation. I have put a few questions out to Blogger help...and alas...ne pas de response!!! Mon Dieux!! I have looked and peered and changed settings etc...but nothing seems to work. I guess if I can see the posts than you can see them and it probably doesn't matter that much anyway.

I'm not under some sort of illusion that someone will stumble upon my blog like some sort of accidental tourist and suddenly give me book, tv or movie deals. I don't expect fame or much recognition (check out that nice qualifier)...but I certainly hope that people can learn or just have have a laugh really.

Is this a journal?...in part. Is my ego out of control on here?...sometimes. I am trying to be as honest as possible without being predictable - got I hate predictable.

The only thing I admit to being 100% guilty of in the realm of predictability...is that every single morning MON-FRI at exactly 8:15AM, I walk into the Megabucks in the bottom of my office building and order a "tall mild in a grande cup". Now...this seems simple enough. I've been doing this for 1 year and 3 months. There are staff members there that happily pour my coffee beore I reach the head of the line and hand over my exact change. (oh...there will be no messin' arond with change in the morning...no way). They hired a new guy 6 months ago that, despite the fact that he serves me 3 out of 5 mornings...he can not, for some reason, remember what I order.

I am putting his lack of regard for my coffee preference down to the fact that he clearly must be borderline intelligent. Or pehaps it is even simpler than that. Perhaps...just maybe, it's the fact that I lack a penis that he doesn't remember me. He certainly tries to remember the Playboy's coffee order...but Playboy is anything BUT predictable...so no good could come of trying to discern his morning bevvy of choice.

Look at me....typical tourist...I've lost my way and had a map all clearly laid out and everything. Well...no one around to ask for directions...so I guess I'll just hail a cab and go back to my room.

Hope you are enjoying the journey...I am.

Cheers
Kwerkie







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Natasha/Gwynne here. I like reading your blog! I don't get to it as often as I would like - I would love to figure out how to get it syndicated to LiveJournal, which I read every day. In any case, I've enjoyed reading up on you :-)