Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Gavel in Hand and Plugs in Ears

I am a typical Libra. If you are not familiar with the mystical ways of astrology, let me lay out my personality like a prostrated so-and-so.

According to the recent mumbo-jumbo in the celestrial fields here is a "typical" Libra personality:

Primary Characteristics:
Understanding, Witty
(read: good friend and comedien)

Positive Personality Traits:
Diplomatic & Urbane (read: I should work for the UN in NYC)
Easygoing and Scociable (read: I like people and parties)

Idealistic and Peacefull (read: rose coloured glasses & white doves)
Romantic and Charming (read: lots of sex, lots of wooing)

Negative Personality Traits:
Can be flirtatious and self-indulgent (read: more sex & a bit selfish)
Can be indecisive and changeable (read: wishy-washy & fickle)
Sometimes gullible and easily influenced (read: 1 born every minute)


So, why did I tell you all these things? Because my friends...I am hoping this might explain the following rant:

I really do love people. All kinds. Yes I sometimes hook up with people that treat me poorly etc and then I have to make some changes etc. HOWEVER. Having said all of that...I wouldn not be the person I am today without having encountered MANY types of people.

I object to the immediate judegment call. I would hate to be tossed aside based on one incident. I probably do give out too many chances...but there are always lines and sometimes they are crossed and other times they are drawn. My point is this : when is it that you decide that you no longer benefit or learn from another human being?

I bring this up because Simone and I were chatting...well..actually...to be fair...I was crapping on and on about my weekend and Simone was patiently listening to me once again. And then she asked why I was friends with Gryffin and I felt like I was being judged and then wondered why that bothered me and then I was thinking that I was being all judgy myself and well...my thoughts went on and on just like this sentence.

I am an extremist. I am either very judgy read:Gavel in hand and plugs in my ears -nothing anyone says will sway me. Or...I'm so wishy washy that I can say A and if someone says B in a swanky way I'm libel to jump on the B Line.

I *am* selfish. Most of my friends can probably agree. I am also (I hope) very generous. I love to make people happy and comfy...I also love it when they make me happy and comfy.

What is the point of this entry? I've lost it somewhere along the B Line I think. I'm easily distracted...OOOOHHH look! Shiny object.







No comments: