Thursday, April 21, 2005

The bag is open...but the cat may still be inside.

First off...just a comment on the recent comments. I very much appreciate all of them even if I don't agree with all of them...though that hasn't happened in a while - my not agreeing I mean. One thing I do find interesting is that all the men are commenting on the recent posts...ne pas de female perspective - though I guess all my posts ARE from a female perspective...still...thought it was interesting that the guys were on board but the girls haven't said a peep.

Ok...next. Giermo - I love the question! It's a bit of a tricky one as you have seen in the past with the dilemma of dates being blogged and knowing it.

Does anyone remember this post ? This was me giving Ronan access to my blog. We talked about it at length. He knew I wrote online and he knew it was about my personal life and specifically relationships/dating/sex. He often asked if he could see it and I brought up the past issues. I was nervous about it.

He explained that he wanted to know me...all parts of me and especially my writing as I am so passionate about it. This all sounded so lovely...but yet I was still hesitant. We came up with a sort of compromise. I would select postings and read them to him...I would edit a bit if I felt the need. He accepted this.

When I started writing more about him and reading some of those postings to him he was excited and seemed happy that I would want to share my thoughts on him with the world. Then he began asking for full access to the blog. Still I was hesitant.

As you can tell by my last few postings...I use this as a sounding board as much as anything. Sometimes I write when I am ripe with emotions and I may not be as kind as I would be after I calmed down. So my main concern was this :how he would react to a negative posting about him?

After struggling with it for a while I decided to give him full access and deal with the consequences as they happened. Ronan told me that he deleted the link to my site because he didn't want me to feel pressured into giving it to him. He felt that we could maintain the way things were...I could chose to read him posts and that would be that.

I believe that someone reading The Single Files *does* get an inside view into my head. This can be both very positive and fairly negative. For instance, sometimes I write when I'm angry, sometimes I write when I'm sad...all my emotions come out in my posts and this can be overwhelming to some people...especially if they are involved in why I am having those emotions. I don't use The Single Files to hurt anyone's feelings, but I admit that sometimes it may happen. Just like a flippant comment you make to one person might hurt their feelings, sometimes my posts might offend someone.

On the flip side of that...look how gooey I am over Ronan...if he is indeed reading my posts than he pretty much knows how I feel and there is less guess work involved. However, I am, as you can probably tell, a pretty open person. There is no secret to how I feel about most things. When I'm hurt, happy, sad, delighted...everyone will know.

I am also a big believer in communication - not just with my partner, but with EVERYONE in my life. That way you maintain healthy happy relationships, friendships and all that good stuff.

So I read Ronan the postings about our hic-ups and he was so shocked that I could write about possibly ending things with him - it was the tag line of this posting. Then I read him This one ( I am way braver than I ever imagined - that was a risky posting to read) and he was elated.

Sometimes I wonder if he does read The Single Files...he makes comments that I think sometimes refer to my posts. I don't mind...I knew what I was doing when I gave him the link.

So yes...I have opened the bag and though I suspect the cat has slinked out...there are no definite signs of it.

No comments: