Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Space - the final frontier

Ronan and I have seen each other every day for the past 5 days...I will not be seeing him tonight, but will see him again on Wednesday. In fact....I'm taking him to lunch on WED and hoping he'll drive me to the airport for my flight up to Sun Peaks (work stuff).

Normally when I see someone for 3 days in a row I get all wiggy and start wanting my own space and needing time on my own etc. With Ronan...I actually look forward to seeing him every day. This is a strange new feeling. I actually *want* to see him every day. How bizarre! I've never wanted to spend this much time with anyone.

I'm sure that I still need my own time, time to laundry if nothing else! But for now this seems like a comfortable pattern for me. Initially when we started having sleep overs I couldn't sleep well beside Ronan as I just wasn't used to someone being in my bed. Now on the night's when we are apart...I can't sleep well because I'm too used to having him in my bed! It's a funny feeling...comfortable and surprising.

I do not want to get all caught up in Ronan and not touch base with my friends (I can clearly picture Lady K, Aramous and Pedro all cocking one eye brow at me each...not that they only have 1 eye brow between them....but y'know what I mean). I still need my girls nights out...though to be honest there weren't that many before I started dating Ronan.

I'm 30...most of my friends are in my same age range give or take 4 years or so. How did life get so busy? When I was younger and going to University every weekend was girls night out or parties with friends. Now I'm lucky to do that more than five times a year!

Tonight I am doing laundry and packing for my trip tomorrow. It's late. When I am back from Sun Peaks I am going to make SERIOUS plans to meet up with everyone...Individually or a group..I don't mind. I want to keep the important people in my life close and not lose touch...they are my reality checks.

I talked to Ronan for over an hour tonight...still doesn't feel like enough but I don't actually have anything pressing to share with him. He's working late tonight.
I wonder how I'll sleep tonight. I can always cuddle up to his pillow...his scent lingering there is better than no reminder at all.

No comments: