Thursday, April 07, 2005

Tiaras vs. Helmets - round 1

*DING*

The bell has now sounded on the fight between me wanting to wear the Tiara and needing to wear the Helmet.

I'm a wee bit of a tomboy. Sort of. I love to be all girly...wear pink (I actually do like the colour pink - though I'd say that burgundy would be my favourite colour) skirts, dresses, high heels...but I also love wearing jeans and a t-shirt, sweatpants and men's shorts (don't ask...just accept).

I have been VERY brave recently. When I was in New Orleans I bought some lingerie. Really sexy stuff...the outfits even came with thongs! I NEVER wear thongs! I would rather opt for nothing than wear a thong. Still...I was compelled by a force stronger than myself.

My favourite of the 2 outfits I wore when I once again met up with Ronan after being apart from him for 2 weeks. It's a dress type little number...see-through of course....black with pink spaghetti straps and a bit of pink lace up the sides and around the bottom...which is barely long enough to cover *my* bottom. The thong is black with pink straps as well with just the right amount of pink detailing on the front.

The thing about wearing very sexy lingerie is that you can't help but feel sexy. I waffled between feeling like a confident sex kitten to feeling somewhat shy - convinced that everyone could see my thong under my skirt. Still...I think that my outfit was a big hit with Ronan. I am still amazed that we made it through dinner without ripping each other's clothes off...though I guess they frown at that sort of thing at the Cactus Club. teehee.

So my questions is this....how do I balance the desire to be feminine and lady like with my real need for rough and tumble outside pursuits? I want to wear make up and be very much a woman when I am around Ronan...but I also want to be able to hike up a mountain and get a bit dirty while still being thought of as the sexiest woman alive in his opinion. Short of buying pink hiking boots I am at a loss.

I'd like to think that I can be sexy in my sweat pants and tank tops but alas Ronan has made several comments that prevents me from wearing them in his presence. Sometimes the clothes do not make the goddess.

Looks like another rainy weekend in store for us here in Vancouver...maybe I should buy pink wellingtons.

Kwerkie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my opinion - and only my opinion - is that sexy is a state of mind. To me it's not in how a woman dresses. I can distinctly remember some of the moments when I thought my lady a complete vixen after she was all greased out from working on a car. Perhaps sexy is a "state of mind". Either way - be yourself - I would have to say that when I'm around you - you have a sexy thing about you that is sort of like a good modern jazz player - playing in the pocket....... it's all good. Think less - and let it "BE" - it's good to be you - you just have to accept it. A

Lady K said...

I'm a strong believer in power underwear. You can have sexy underwear that is comfortable. And the best thing about underwear is that you can wear it under just about anything including sweatpants.