Saturday, February 26, 2005

What a man what a man what a mighty good man

I know I haven't been keeping up lately but I have just had the week from hell. Seriously. I was very nearly fired and I had to do some major begging to get my job back. I have now been placed on probation until Aug and then at that time my boss will review all my files, my attitude and see if he can keep me on.

The reason I bring this up, is because this was a major crisis in my life and I want to tell you how Ronan reacted to all of this. I am sure by the title of my post you already have a pretty good idea. However, you know me....I love all the little things.

So this all went down on Tuesday of last week. I want to be clear when I say that I was 100% at fault and I cost the small company I work for nearly 10K. I was SICK about it when I found my error. Tuesday morning my boss was waiting for me when I got to work. This was when I knew I was fired as my boss NEVER arrives into the office before 10AM and I was at work for 8AM. Apparently he had been there since 1AM going over my files. I spent the whole day in job limbo after our discussion. I was crying most of the day. I must tell you that I love my job and I am very emotionally attached to not only the work I do, but the people I work with as well.

I came home a mess. I called Ronan and told him everything that had happened. He was so supportive. He knew it was my fault and he was trying to help me strategize to come up with checks and balances so that this sort of thing would never happen again and also trying to help me figure out if I could get another "good" job or just one to tide me over financially. This was all over the phone. And then he says. "Hey, do you want some company tonight? I'd like to come over and see if I can cheer you up or just hold you through this."

I melted. Of COURSE I wanted him to come over. I wanted to be held and comforted and to bounce ideas off of someone. I really wanted someone who would say "It will be alright".

So he came over and we went for a very long walk. I love our evening walks. They are very romantic to me and this one, though not romantic, was so important to me. He told me about how he switched careers after a frustrating period and then went back to it later feeling refreshed and ready for new challenges. It really made me think about my own career path and what I really love to do.

Another thing too is that this whole thing has made me realize that I must plan better financially. Had I lost my job, I would have lost my apartment as well as I spent far too much of my $$ on experiences like trips and events rather than saving anything for emergencies.

Ronan spent the night and held me and told it was all going to work out. He was amazing. What I really appreciated was that he didn't automatically take my side. He understood why my boss would want to fire me, so did I to be clear, but sometimes I get wrapped up in my own thinking/emotions that I lose sight of the logic.

I am falling in love with this man. And for the first time ever...I'm not even scared about it.

Kwerkie

1 comment:

Tin Foiled said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mistake -- I hope that your boss realizes that these things happen and that a dedicated employee (with "experience" now) is worth so much more.

Let's guess what mysterious and lovely Ronan does for a living! I think he's a phone psychic.