Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Great Expectations

What a week! It's been nutso on the work front, the family zone and the romance arena!!! I'm not really complaining to be clear...just trying to explain my absence.

Last week I had 2 wonderful dates with Ronan and I just feel like sharing every gooey detail with you.

The first one was an Ice Skating date! Hoorah! I had been suggesting we do this for over a week and finally he succumbed to my persistence. Right on! It would appear that I do have some influence over Ronan teehee. So Ronan arrived and I whisked him out the door just as fast as he came in so that we wouldn't have to wait in too much of a line up to get our skates etc. Holly Molly! We were probably the 100th or so people to get there. It was a very busy night at the ol' West End Community Centre for the Adult Skate Night.

I was happy to discover that I wasn't as bad as I was thinking I would be on the skates. Ronan was much worse than me and I got a special kick out of rescuing him from falling all the time. It was a lot of fun and very romantic. Looping around and around chatting about this and that and holding hands...the only thing that would have made it better would have been if we could have done it outside instead of in the arena.

After 2 hours of wobbling, smooching and skating we headed to the Megabucks for some Hot Chocolate. We must have spent nearly 2 hours there as well just chatting and joking around. It was during our discussion of music that Ronan asked me to go the U2 concert with him....in APRIL! HOORAH! He's a planner too! We then talked about going up to the Merrit Mountain Music Festival in JUL.

Now before you start thinking that I am planning our wedding...we BOTH made it VERY clear that should things go a bit pear shaped that we would likely have no worries selling the extra ticket to whomever.

Ronan ended up spending the night at my place again that night and we were both fairly sleep deprived the next day.

Our Saturday night date started out with him picking me up from my massage appointment out in Slurrey and grabbing a quick bite to eat. Then we headed back to my place where I showered/changed and got ready for the party. Another late late night but this one was filled with drinking beer, having long intimate chats and partying with some of my "young friends". I guess we are still in the beginning stages of being wayyy to into each other as we barely socialized with the others.

It was during our drunken talks that we admitted that we were crazy about each other and wanted to make it pretty exclusive. HOORAH again! In fact...this is how it went down. We ended up back at my place at 4AM and were making out etc in my bed when I said (not proud, just sharing) "Danger Danger Ronan". He was kissing my ear (danger) and asked "What's danger?". So, without thinking or filtering my comments....I said "I am in danger of falling in love with you".

Panic gripped me. What the HELL had I just said??? OH NOOOOOOOOO.

Ronan replies "Really? We've only known each other 3 weeks" To which I could only reply "I know". (more panic). So he continues to kiss my ear (told you it was danger) and he said "Well, I think you already are...which is good. As I am with you". My heart flip-flopped in my chest, he's STILL kissing my ear, and then I grab him and give the most passionate kiss I could muster in my 5AM drunken state.

The candles in my room, the sudden confession of emotion...it was all very lovely. Ronan then makes a comment about wanting to make love to me. I must tell you now my lovely readers, that we have been doing everything else but having penetrative sex. (and stupid me made a promise not to use my vibrator!!! what was I thinking???) See...Ronan believes as Bill Clinton does. Oral sex isn't sex. Penetrative sex is the only "sex" he sees. So we've been doing a lot of kissing...in more areas than just our mouths!

Ronan really wants (yes. present tense...wait for it) our first time to be very special as it is really important to him.

So. He makes this comment about wanting to make love to me. What do you think I did? (besides the obvious swooning?). I said "No. Not like this." OH MY GOD! I really DO say the stupidest things when I'm drunk!!! First I spill the beans and tell him that I am falling for him, and then secondly I say no to the sex I have been wanting for 2 weeks!! What the hell???

Well my friends...in my defense I was really doing it for Ronan. I just *knew* that if I had agreed...that it would have been the drunk fumblings of horniness and not the beautiful special event that he seems to want. So...because it seems to be so very important to him, I said no. I figured we'd sleep it off and go for gold in the morning. Well....ummm...no. It didn't happen in the morning either. I guess it needs to be by candlelight or something more romantic....or maybe we just need to NOT be hung over.

I appear to have one of those boyfriend things. Nice!


So what will happen to The Single Files if I am no longer "single"? Well...don't panic. I don't think I want to change the name of this as it's fairly clever and as we all know...there are many issues and things to deal with in a relationship as well.

Besides that...I still have to tell you about Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Tin Foiled said...

Wow... that's just great.

I can't see any problem with keeping the title of your blog the same. You'll just be giving advice and telling stories to your single friends out here.

The Sunday Morning Hangover said...

I'm Sorry

But if I was in bed with you I'd do it every way 'xcept Tuesday.

Sorry that's just how most guys think. You DID want honest comments.
Poor Ronan-don't be suprised if he fades away.

Anonymous said...

Totally disagree with the above comment. From everything Ronan has exhibited so far (no pun intended ;) he's looking for something beyond sex - in fact, HE'S the one who's been putting it off so far.

And if by some chance he does "fade away", then he's not worth keeping.

Kwerk, I'm liking this guy so far...keep us (and especially me ;) posted.

- Pedro