Thursday, February 17, 2005

The Purrrrrfect Valentine's Day and other things.

Ok...I know this has been a while in coming...nearly a week...but things are CRAZY busy. Currently I'm in Seattle wating for Ronan to show up so we can go and paint the town. I was here for work and he agreed to come and meet me down here on my last day of the conference and take me out. Hoorah.

Valentine's Day.

I am a fairly low maintence woman. I love all the little things...especially all the little things. My perfect Valentines Day includes (but is not limited to) the following.
1) Flower (s) -preferably gerberra daisies in ANY colour but white.
2) Card - this can either be funny or romantic...extra points if it's home made.
3) Kiss- a nice long slow kiss...that morphs into something more passionate! teehee

Ronan was late (this is becoming ususal and slightly annoying) but he arrived with all three of the above PLUS a cute monkey, PLUS a dance in my living room, PLUS he made me a beautiful streak dinner completely with potatos, peas and garlic bread.

This evening was soooo lovely. I had lit candles everywhere and we enjoyed our dinner and the atmosphere emensely! I love spending time with this man.

After dinner we went for a long walk, had some gelato and then ended up back at my place and in my bed. We consumed 2 bottles of wine.

STILL NO SEX!!!!!!!

This is now starting to really upset me. He'll do absolutely everything else...but he just refuses to be inside of me. I believe that on Valentine's Day it was mostly due to the fact that we did drink 2 bottles of fabulous Shiraz.

Still...the entire evening was purrrfect...aside from the no sex part. He was a gentleman, he was attentive and romantic and it was amazing.

Hoorah for me and my perfect Valentine's Day.

Yiipeeeee

Ok. Now is where I am getting a bit on the paranoid side. We had a date on WED and though there was a lot of rubbing and licking and kissing...STILL NO SEX!

OH MY GOD!

He tells me that it's a huge deal for him to have penetrative sex with a woman. That it pretty much means that he's in a relationship with them...well...errr...ummm...wasn't' that what our discussion on Saturday was about??? That he wants to be more commited to me...that he even said he was ready for sex etc....what the hell?
He cares about me deeply, he's not dating anyone else....but he wants to wait until he can be true to me. I have NO idea what that means.

True to me??? Does this mean that he is actually dating other women??

To be clear, when I asked him about it this is how the conversation went,

K " Are you dating other people?"
R "Other people? (laughs) What like 7 or 8 on the go?"
K "No, like anyone besides me"
R "Kwerkie, I'm not dating anyone new"
K "Oh. So it's the same old people?"
R "(laughs) Kwerkie....you know I care very deeply for you. Are things going too slowly between us for you?"
K "Well.,..you are right. We've only been together for 4 weeks...I should apply the breaks a bit"
R "We have lots of time. I really want to get to know you. I don't want to crash into something here....I want to take things slowly"


Is it me or has he STILL not answered the question of if he's seeing someone else or not? And...what the hell was all our lovely dovey talk about on Saturday?

I'm going to calm down and let this happen or not happen as the case may be. I am not going to accept being one of the links in his chain. I deserve better than that.

Kwerkie

(bitter with raging hormones)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that does strike me as funny. An idea - this guy has dated you for four weeks and basically has he key to your pants at this point and even drives to Seattle and no boink? Answer - involved with someone else - or gay.

I don't know, but I think that I've come closer to sleeping with you and we're just friends for Christ Sakes........

You made a good point - he didn't answer a direct question about him seeing someone else, but at the same time it would also appear that you let him get away without answering.

While there is no official timeline we all must follow when it comes to entering into a relationship (it being different for each of us) it would seem that the lines are getting a bit crossed with this fellow. Dating is dating and of course if you're seeing this fellow more than twice a week, I'd say it was a bit more than dating in m¥ mind. I date, and I don't see my "dates" more than once a week. But with that said - DON'T IGNORE YOUR INSTINCTS!!! Do what's right for you like we talked about - and for got sake don't ignore what you believe is true - most importantly afer you have asked pointed questions that are easily deflected. You should get what you want and deserve and i think that despite all the nice moves Sir Gallahad has - he's swinging out with you from what I can tell. He's a guy, if he's not sleeping with you by now - he's probably sleeping with someone else...... I could be wrong............ but you know me and who I am Kwerkie - not even I would have waited that long....... I think that would say a lot to you.. Who knows, this guy might be Mr. Right, but for god sake be careful. Trust yourself - you always ignore it and in the end you always say that you should have listened to yourself. A