Thursday, February 03, 2005

Jazz Hot Baby!

“Giddy as a school girl” doesn't even come close to describing how I feel about Ronan at the moment.

Last night I had no more than 15 minutes to get ready after my Yoga class for my date with Ronan. I had put out the clothes I wanted to wear before hand so I could cut down on any sort of decision time.

I ran home from yoga, hopped in the shower and did the quick once over. Clothes on, makeup on and hair…well….I did try….but my hair never wants to behave. It's straight when I want it curly, it's curly when I want it straight….and when I don’t give a rat's ass what my hair looks like it does a bizarre combo of straily!

So the look I went for was Librarian Vixen! My corduroy tan skirt fell just below my knees, brown boots set off my calves nicely, and my white button down top wasn’t too low cut. In fact…for those of you who know and love me know that when I say low cut top…it isn’t the Paris Hilton Low Cut Top but more along the Sandra Bullock Low Cut Top look. My glasses completed my look as L.V.

Ronan picked me up and off we went to the Cellar Jazz Club! We snagged some seats at the back and took in the club. It’s a pretty nifty place, on the small side of things with a real Jazz feel to the place…intimate tables with a single candle burning…low lights and a small-ish stage. This place is DEFINITELY a great date place! We could chat easily, be cozy with each other, people watch and of course, check out the Hot Jazz Music!

We were one of the first people to arrive and the last ones to leave. I have never felt more comfortable with another man. I felt very confident, sexy and an all around Goddess. It is really easy to talk to Ronan about everything! He even listened to me crap on about recycling, the environment and how I haven’t been to the Vancouver Art Gallery in 3 months! He shared his passion for Football, Baseball and traveling to various US cities. We both agreed that Chicago KICKS ASS and that Seattle is not far behind in the coolness factor. Neither of us have been to NYC yet but both would love to go. Him for the Yankees, me for the MET.

We talked a lot in terms of “this summer WE should…” and “I would love to share (insert activity/event) with you” It was nice…but both of us playing things a bit close to the chest as it were. We know we both really like each other…that’s not a secret. What I am thinking is “I don’t want to blow this” and with any luck he’s thinking the same thing.

We talked about the obvious chemistry between us and how that’s pretty exciting. Then he mentioned that he felt a bit hurt on Monday that I put up my boundaries so vocally. He wanted to assure me that he’s not the “typical” guy and not just looking to have sex. He wants to get to know me, and he won’t rush into sex with me and certainly wouldn’t push me into having sex with him before WE are ready.

I appreciated his honesty and had to remind him that Monday was only our 2nd date and that not knowing him all that well…I felt that I needed to have all my cards on the table as it were. I explained how in the past I tended to rush into the sex part and that a) that always meant the sex was crappy and b) pretty much gave the kiss of death to any hope of a relationship developing. I basically told him that sex was not part of “dating” for me…but rather now reserved for “relationships”. The entire time he was nodding his head emphatically and saying things along the lines of “I couldn’t agree more” etc.


I must say that he is doing a great job of wooing me. We’ve made plans for Monday – this weekend is hectic for both of us- especially him as he has a conference to host and football to watch.

*side note*
Paul McCartney is the Half Time Show at the Super Bowl this year! Raise you hands if you think this is the LAMEST entertainment at one of the most popular sporting events of the year? Ok…now everyone on the planet, please put your arms down…this isn’t an ad for deodorant!

Ronan drove me back to my place and we made out in his car like we were 16 year olds for nearly an hour! What a rush! The man says things to me that make my knees go weak…good thing I was sitting down!

I went up to my apartment at 2AM! 4 hours of sleep and I’m at the office playing around with airline tickets. My god…wish I could issue all 89 of these tomorrow…but I can’t. Any spelling errors will cost me $50.00 CAD a pop. Any accounting errors could cost me up to $800.00 US per error! YIKES!

How am I expected to concentrate today with the ghost of Ronan’s touch still lingering on my skin??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this blog has become an invaluable learning resource for me. I'm very impressed with Ronan, and very excited for you, Kwerkie (though, prolly not as excited as you are).

I don't know if it'll be the lamest show ever, but I definitely think having Paul Mcartney do the halftime show at the SuperBowl is the worst misuse of musical talent ever conceived by the mind of man.

winter

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things continuing to go well, Kwerk. This guy sounds pretty good so far - manners and some self control. Keep the updates coming...you know that I'm ready with the red marking pen if he does something dumb. ;)

- Pedro