Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Ok...I think we can pretty much all agree with vigorous nodding of our heads that I have not been the Mae West when it comes to choosing the guys I date. Well...STOP THE PRESS! I have entered a New Era and Area of the Gene Pool!

Ronan and I had our 2nd date on Monday night and I am still coming down from cloud 5. (Let's not get carried away here...it was only our 2nd date after all).

He came over to my place at around 7PM still dressed in his suit from work. YUMMY! Ronan has a very interesting job and though I won't go into to details about it, I am surprised that he has to wear a suit...but happily surprised to be clear. I almost swooned when I opened the door to see him in his long lovely leather jacket and his suit. NICE. One shallow point I feel the need to make. Ronan has a football/rugby players build and he fills out his suit a-la-Arnold Schwartzenegger in the opening sequence of True Lies. YUMM YUMMM YUMMMMMMM. (swoon)

*ahem*

So our date. We decided to rent a movie, grab some beer and order in pizza. Ronan is a single foodie like me :) FUN! This means that we are both neurotic when it comes to food...but especially when our food touches other food. I KNOW I have weird food issues and I'm OK with that. I'm just glad he's goofy that way too!

We go for a wee walk to rent the movie and grab the bevvies. Ronan is such a gentleman. Seriously...we held hands, he put his arm around me, it was all just very lovely. He carried the beer home...he's just very different from the last few guys I've dated. What a relief!

We cuddled up on the couch and got ready to watch the movies. We had rented "Cellular" - the only good point about this movie is the wicked "Sinnerman" mix at the end of the movie. Other than that...I didn't believe ol' Kimmy in her role and the new kid in the movie put his shirt back on wayyy too soon for me. Near the end of the predictable plot of "Cellulra" we just started chatting. We were more into each other than the movie. Nice.

Ronan asks me questions about my life and really listens to me. He laughs at my stories when appropriate and tells his own as well. I feel really relaxed around him...very comfy...but with a slight twinge of nervousness.

We put on our 2nd movie "Napoleon Dynamite" and chatted a wee bit before...before....Ronan leans in and kisses me and then BAM. That was the movie done. We played tonsil hockey for the rest of the night.

(See that...see what I did there? I brought up hockey and Ronan together again....nice touch I think).

Wowzer. This man can kiss!! Seriously...kissing is so important to me. It was a fabulous make out session!! He respected all my boundaries and put up a few of his own too. He doesn't want to rush things physically and neither do I. Hoorah!

We are out again tonight...live Jazz at The Cellar.

I'll let you know how that goes. And I promise to make it flow a lot better than this posting...I'm running out of time here.

A few notes from the comments on the last 2 entries:

Winter - Whereas I do love the All Blacks...I am more of an Aussie Rules fan....so SUCKS TO
YOU WITH NOBS ON!
For a guy you know a lot more about vibes and dils than I realized. woah.

TenDollarMan: Keyboard cleaner? You craque me up mate! Don't you work with computer
bits?

Lady K - I'll put astrix next to my particularly hot postings so you won't have to blush at
work...though I've seen you blush...and it's a very becoming look on you!

SundayMorningHangOver: More women talk about sex like I do than you are probably aware
of. Most women just don't talk to men about it like I do. Some may say I have no shame...and they'd be right! Teehee.

Tracy: DUDE. Do NOT take up smoking! It's bad for you! And you are phreakin' hilarious
btw. Loved the "If you want to date me click here" thingy on your blog. Laughed my arse off!...seriously....I have no bum now.

Ok....must get ready for tonight's date. Skirt, boots, low cut top! He's not coming up tonight....but I can still make him wish he were!

mwwahahahhahaha










3 comments:

The Dawg said...

Yeah! First comment....that's my comment. Some may find this kind of posting well, stupid so good luck on your date. Hopefully something funny happens but romantically funny so you can enjoy cloud Eight and I can laugh at you funny postings about dating. Like they say at Costco, "Win win!" I've traded my paintbrush in for a price gun. Good luck on cloud five and a half if you know what I mean, dang it, neither do I.

The Sunday Morning Hangover said...

You Are the greatest!
I wish we were friends...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your date went well. Ronan sounds like a pretty decent guy (finally!) And if he has female friends who are open about their sexuality (and leave their Womyns Ware catalogues in the bathroom) he'll be aware of all the things that make his woman happy.

winter