Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Let's Talk About Sex Baby - Part 2

It's interesting some people's definition of sex. I never would have really thought about it if it hadn't been for Bill Clinton...and I can't stand politics - of any kind really.

Here is what falls into the realm of Petting for me: hands touching ANY body part, kissing all kinds of places with the ONLY exception being that of the genitals .

Here is what I consider to be called "Sex". Penetrative sex, Oral sex, Anal sex
Funny how they all have the word SEX in them isn't it?

Like Bill Clinton there are a LOT of people out there that think that Oral Sex is just not considered sex. How can that possibly be? I don't care if you want to dress up the names to be something along the lines of "blow job, going down on, eating out, sucking cock, licking pussy, smokin' a bone, cunnilingus, playing the skin flute, taming the wild beaver, carpet licking, knob gobbling." What it ALLL boils down to people is oral SEX. SEX I tell you SEX!!!

Now....here is where it gets a bit tricky with me. I believe in sex that there are varying degrees of Intimacy.

I consider Oral Sex SEX...but I do think that performing oral sex is less intimate than receiving oral sex. I love both sides of that particular coin don't get me wrong...but I do find that going down is just not as personal for me. The flip side is of course, that I do feel that it is much more profound for me to open myself up and allow a man to place his tongue over my most secret places.

To be clear, I'm not that chicky in Clerks who gives out blow jobs like a bluddy door prize or something. however, because of my feelings towards them, I think that it's a sort of "beginner" stage to sex before going in for full on tumblings.

Also, depending on the position, penetrative sex can also have a few levels of intimacy.

Off the top of my head and in my own personal opinion, here are the following Intimate Positions:
Missionary
Woman on Top facing forward
Sitting facing each other.
Standing/Against a wall (this is FABULOUS. not only is it often extremely passionate but it has the added bonus of eye contact)
69


Here are the ones that are less intimate, but my no means less pleasurable
Rear entry positions (though there is a bit more intimacy in the side spooning position)
Woman on Top facing away

To be clear I don't want you to believe that these are the only positions in my sexual repertoire...but these are the ones that popped into my head as I am on this tangent here. Besides that...I can't give you ALL of my secrets!

So now my lovely readers...I want to hear from YOU.
Is Oral Sex considered Sex to you or is it part of the Petting realm?
Do you think there is a different level of intimacy between Performing and Receiving oral sex?
What do you think would be the MOST intimate position and what is the LEAST intimate position.

Note: By "intimacy" I mean a real physical and emotional connection being able to be made - something that becomes deeply personal to you.

Seeing Ronan again tonight...I think I might ask his opinion about these issues as well.








4 comments:

ME said...

It's all sex to me...and I like it all. I do think it is a bit more personal to receive but only because then I'm the one on display and yes..."open."

The most intimate position to me sitting up face to face, that way you can see eye to eye and have lots of kissing going on...kissing is very intimate to me, never had sex with someone I didn't kiss and kiss a lot! They must be a good kisser.

Lady K said...

It's all sex. I find it weird where people draw lines and negotiate with themselves what is allowed and what isn't. This said I don't just let anyone go down on me as I feel very exposed and it has to come from a place of trust (and it's one of my favorite things and I reserve it for special.)

I find it extremely intimate to have someone inside me regardless of the position. And feeling somone orgasm inside me is also a very intimate act.

Anonymous said...

Only six comments? Funny, I woulda thought this was a hot topic...
Anyway - Oral sex is sex, and sex of the most intimate kind, in my mind. After all, which orafice is more intimate than your mouth, for god's sake? I always chuckled at those girls in college who would tell me, "Oh, he spent the night, but we didn't do anything. Just oral sex." ???!!! You already put his cock in your mouth, sister, you might as well buy the farm!
Most intimate (intercourse) pose: woman on top, leaned over him, kissing and looking deeply into each other's eyes.
Least intimate: any quickie. It's just masterbation with a guy (or girl). There's no time to build up the heat or passion.
My two cents. thanks for asking!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.