Monday, July 26, 2010

Mopey Moving Meh's

So I'm starting the moving process and it occurred to me that despite my best efforts of NOT acquiring too much 'stuff'...I HAVE! I moved to Calgary 2 years ago with a Versa load of stuff and 11 boxes of stuff shipped via Greyhound. Now of course I didn't have huge items like say a bed, dresser, desk, sofa, chaise, dining room table etc etc and I have since my move bought furnishings for 1 bedroom apartment + den...but my GOD! I have a LOT OF STUFFFFF!

It's really my clothes that are surprising. When I moved to Calgary I lost some weight so I bought some clothes. Then I gained about 30 lbs and so...I bought some clothes. Now I've lost 26lbs and guess what??? I bought some clothes! I did try to give some clothes away about 6 months ago and that worked to clear up *some* closet space but I really just need to be ruthless in this move.

I need to only keep the clothes that fit me now. Keeping bigger clothes isn't the way to go and hoping I'll shrink down to fit into something isn't healthy either.

The good news is that I haven't collected too many nicky-nacky things at all. I have minimal decorative pieces. I do, however, have 4 of Lady K's artworks and though I I know I can hang up 3 of them in my room and have them be lovely I am stumped as to where to put the Flaming Lady! Le boo! Maybe I can convince Leroy to hang it in the stairwell from the ground level to the living room level.

I wonder how many boxes of my stuff I'll end up with this move. My guess is going to be somewhere between 30 and 40.

The apartment is being shown tomorrow so I need to clean like a mad bastard tomorrow. It's the office that is the problem. I need to clean the kitchen floor too and the bathroom. Other than that I'm good to go.

No comments: