Friday, July 23, 2010

The boob tube

That was what my father used to refer to TV as- the boob tube. It's more than ever appropriate on a few levels now. So much sex and far too much stupidity...boobs are everywhere!!

I admit to watching too much tv lately. I should be out with Tiernan but instead I sit and mope and watch fantasy lives live out fantasy tales. I've watched some pretty interesting shows where some lovely young nubile blond who's just absolutely picture perfect gives the 'average' woman tips on how to meet and flirt with men. During the half hour episodes this lovely young lady who is amazingly attractive simply has no problem meeting drop dead gorgeous successful men. "See!" she exclaims "It's easy!".

I wonder when there will be a show for the actual average person? The very strange "More to Love" show was all about women who had zero self esteem trying to find love with a very successful chubby man who is pretty much portrayed as the funny chubby frat boy. He picks the skinniest of the girls btw.

I'd agree to submit myself to total public scrutiny and pity and pithy and whatever else the general populace does for reality shows. I'd do it in a heart beat...but it wouldn't be a "The Bachelor/ette" type situation. It would be more along the lines of actual real life situations. I wonder why people buy into these shows when it's as far from reality as possible. No one actually dates 14 people at a time let alone have a 'date' with 4 (or more) people at the exact same time/event!

Would normal people sign up for that? I wonder. Maybe I could conduct my own experiment. I suppose the monetary reward is what makes these men and women sign up for these shows and since I can't offer that sort of thing...I wonder what the incentive would be for men to sign up for my experiment. Would they sign up based ONLY on the incentive of finding real-live-dead-crunchy-frog-leg love?

I'd need a camera crew and maybe even an editor to help with this and they'd have to be just doing it for the love of the art and reality documentaries. I'm interesting, witty and not that bad looking if I do say so myself. My life would be interesting tv - losing weight, finding love and changing careers!

I might think about this seriously. The only thing I'd be concerned about would be how much privacy could I still maintain while sharing my life? Sleeping in, spending long lazy afternoons masturbating would all be out. Even having sex with one or more of these potential men would have to be out. What else would I have to shut out just to maintain a modicum of sanity?

It's so crazy this might just work!!

No comments: