Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Everything's coming up daisies!

I think I may have mentioned before how all the little things really get me. It's often the smallest gesture of romance or thoughtfullness that really touches me and makes me ever so gooey. I really believe that if a relationship is full of those little things, little moments, than it makes the Big Things and the Big Moments that much more special.

Ronan has been sick for a few days but despite this, he bought me flowers yesterday! No reason...he just wanted to! They are gorgeous, huge, lovely pink gerberra daisies - my favourite.

I love gerberra daisies. They look so happy with their bright colours and multi-textured petals. I prefer the large ones over the small ones and I love that they come in so many colours. These ones are such a bright baby pink...not fussia and not too pink...they are hard to describe properly. Needless to say I was really touched that despite him not feeling the Mae West (the very best)he bought ME flowers. Amazing!

I admit it's been a while since I've bought Ronan a gift. When we were in Seattle a few weeks ago I did buy him a T-Shirt but the gesture lacked luster as he ended up paying for it on his Visa until I paid him back upon our return. I do have a gift for him that I've had for quite a long time...but I want to give it to him via this fancy red box that we are to exchange.

The story behind the box is this: I made him cookies for Valentine's Day (that's how much I love him...I'll bake for this man! I HATE to bake and furthermore, I'm not very good at it.) and I gave them to him in a lovely red box. He said then that we should use the box to trade thoughtful things back and forth. I don't know what I love more...that idea or that Ronan was the one to come up with it. I have yet to get the box back and I really would like to put this small treasure in the box.

I'm thrilled that he bought me flowers! I'm over the moon that he keeps buying me my favourites. Some people may disagree with me and tote roses out to be the best flowers, but I'm not one for roses. Yes they smell lovely, and the very tight budded ones look super cute...but I am happiest with my gerberra daisies smiling up at me. They may not have a scent to them, but they make my heart smile nearly as much as Ronan does.

2 comments:

Lady K said...

I love buying flowers for myself. It's a decadent non-caloric treat. I love the flower stall at Granville Island market. I like gerberas but I also like lots of different flowers too... Alien planet flowers are good, like ginger or orchids. Lots of one type of flower like 2 dozen tulips (though apparently tulips signify pregnancy - long story.) I have to admit I like the occasional rose for it's fragrance but appreciate odd colors and roses are wrecked by the appearance of babies breath. Tiger lilies are very sexual. I guess I really don't have a favorite right now. Weird.

Though artifically colored flowers are icky and carnations are a little old school.

Lady K said...

Does Ronan like flowers? If so which kind? Or is that unmanly?

I had an ex that liked flowers just as much as I did... It was excellent because we always had them around!