Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Best (how to get) Laid Plans

Ok....it's Wednesday and I've just come home from a very good Yoga class. I feel like jello. My arms and legs are shaking and yet I feel emensely calm.

I am thinking about tomorrow night and my date with Jon. First off we are going to the Neko Case concert and I can not tell you how excited I am to see her live!!!
Secondly, I have rented us a room downtown so that we can sleep comfortably together without him having to worry about dying from his allergies to my cat, or me being pissed off at his rowdy roomates.
Thirdly...though I keep saying I want to take things slowly with Jon...I am secretly hoping to get laid tomorrow.

Now...before you roll your eyes and tell me that I'm falling back into my same old pattern...let me try to justify this as best I can.

I really have no idea what is happening between Jon and I. He's sending out so many mixed signals like some sort of disfunctional radio. One moment he talks about us in the future, like he's wanting to build one with me...asking me things like "if we were married would you cook all the time?". The next he's telling me that me being excited to see him makes him feel all sorts of pressure and he doesn't need that right now. Umm...WTF? Tokyo...tune in Tokyo!

So here's what I'm thinking. Tomorrow, when we meet up at the hotel and crack open the first bottle of wine...I'm going to ask him if he's dating other women. If the answer is Yes, then my freshly shaved bits will have gone to waste. If the answer is No...then I might have a chance of actually making it to 2nd base with Jon.
******************

Ok...it's Thursday. Date Day. I'm having a quick dinner before hopping in the shower and making sure all the bits that need to be shaved are shaved. I have MSN'd with Jon twice today and still clueless. So fuck it. I'm going to play this as caj, as possible.

I am going to see Neko Case in concert HURRAY. I'm going to drink some wine HURRAH. I"m going to spend the night in a hotel YIPPEEE. That is the extent of my expectations tonight. If anything more developes between Jon and I that is just a bonus. I am done trying to translate his man speak into woman talk.

To be clear here...I don't feel the need to be at the top of his priority list. What I need is communciation.

I'll keep you *posted*

Kwerkie






No comments: