Monday, July 28, 2008

To sleep perchance to dream

Sooo....day 2 of the insomnia and I have to say that I'm Thankful that I haven't started to hallucinate...yet. So much on my mind lately and feeling like there is so little in my heart :( .

My 93 year old Grandma was here to visit and I saw her 2 days for about 8hrs a day and I just feel numb. I didn't cry. I didn't get excited much. I didn't even feel like I had a visit at all. I was simply in the same room. I was also pretty distracted by the monkeys (my 3 nephews and 1 niece), the constant pain in my hip and lower back and the fact that I have about 1 month to get everything organized for a Big Move and I feel like I hardly know where to begin!

I hung out with Ray on Friday night and that was pretty good for my soul. We always have very deep and emotional laded conversations about relationships and he's convinced that my move to Calgary will see me meeting some fabulous man and starting my family. We shall see. I am trying not to really think about that stuff right now as I have about 3 million loose ends to tie up here before the move - not the least of which is figuring out if I'm going to take all my belongings or just sell them all and have a fresh start there.

My biggest concern right now with the move is my Boss. I don't think he's really thought this through on how much it's going to cost him. He seems very upset that he has to pay for my desk and chair and working materials in Calgary. This seems exceedingly shortsighted of him - I don't pay for any of that stuff HERE...why would I have to pay for that THERE? Idiot. He also believes it's OK to ask me to give up my hard earned holidays to come into the office and sort this stuff out. I'm sure he's going to be SHOCKED when he realizes that it just means he's giving me MORE time off at Christmas on top of my regular holidays. Idiot.

The GOOOOOOD news about the move is that I'm going to be away from him and in control of how often he can micro manage me :) That is the beauty of telling him he can only contact me Mon-Fri 8-4AM...I can then turn off all communication devices and enforce it:) I think he believes I'll be available to him 24/7 and this is simply NOT the case. I know he wants me to be as invested as he is in the company...but until I make his wage...I am just not.

I'm going to see if I can get a few more precious moments of sleep. I've had 4 hrs so far...but it would be fabulous to grab another 30. I hope I have calming dreams.

No comments: