Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Atlas - thy name is Kwerkie

I have some pretty amazing talents. Oh it's true...you know it it to be true. The thing is...just because I am really really gooood at something doesn't necessarily mean it's anything that is helpful to myself or to others.

I have a great talent for procrastination for example. This never seems to do me any great favours.

I have a mild talent for biting my tongue...today I nearly relinquished my self control to rebuke someone...but I counted to 10 and remembered that I have the ability to just let some things go.

I am feeling 49 tons of pressure and for some reason...I keep adding to the pile of ...well...STUFF that I need to do in the next 4 weeks. Some of this pressure I create all on my own with my own idea of what I think I want to have happen and how exactly I want that to happen. I have an amazing talent for expectations.

The car situation this week - this is making me feel like 'wholly crap! I'm growing up!!!" There is a certain amount of resistance to that...there is a part of me that thinks this is will just weigh me down - oh the responsibility of it all. The other part of me recognizes the amazing freedom this will give me - there is an even larger part of me that also knows how dangerous this freedom can be for me...I have an amazing talent for running away.

Let's see - this weekend I'm trying to really let go of any sort of expectation and I might try to just try some flights of fancy. I have an amazing talent for whimsy too - ask me about my brief stay in a Thai brothel!

And the move - I am excited and finally things are falling into place for this. I received the rental agreement for my place in Calgary - though I do believe it has the wrong unit number on it! YIKES. It requires another call to Stan (the landlord) to make sure that the i's I'm crossing are in fact not t's that should be dotted! (yes I'm aware they are mixed)

There is a lot of schtuff to do and I need to stop taking on the other issues both real and perceived. I need to NOT be Atlas with the weight of the world on my shoulders...maybe it's time to play with Eros for a while...

1 comment:

Shirley Chio said...

great blog, good way to discuss what you feel and think