Thursday, June 16, 2005

When a man loves a woman

There are a few things I think that only men who truly love their significant other would do.

The first is putting up with the whinging when said love of their life is sick.

I am feeling pretty crappy. It started Tuesday with a sore throat and morphed into Wednesday with even more of sore throat, head ache and general crappy feeling. By Wednesday night my whole skin was hurting, my throat felt like I ate razors and I had zero energy to go to my stripper class (more on that later).

Ronan was very sweet. Kept asking if he could do anything and then asked if I just wanted to hang out at his place and watch TV while he went to his hockey game. I think I managed to watch about 30 minutes of TV before I passed out. I woke up and went to bed.

During the night I must have tossed and turned like mad. I had a fever, my leg seized up in a mega cramp and all the while Ronan didn't complain that I was disturbing him. In the morning I was burning up like 15th Century Catholic - I could hardly talk and Ronan went off to the store to buy me orange juice, tomato soup and....and the thing that I don't' think many men would actually purchase for a woman unless they are madly in love with them.

Loaded up with all the necessary items I had nothing to do but lie in front of the TV, let my brains ooze out my ears and hope that the rest of my body gets better. Ronan called a few times during the day to check on me. I thought it was particularity sweet of him.

If you've been following along in The Single Files...you may remember this post? Now I can see the clear difference! He's even gone 20Kms out of his way to feed my monster! I love this man to bits and pieces.

My body aches, my head hurts and my mosquito bites are bugging me to no end. I can't wait for Ronan to come home and sympathize with me.

Kwerkei -West Nile virus ridden but loved none-the-less.

No comments: