Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chippin' away

So this week has been very trying and I know I'm suffering from some serious PMS but when my crazy hormones are met with people who are unreasonably demanding, rude and pretty much down right PROUD of their ignorance...well...you can imagine the tizzy I have been in.

I often wonder how people can think it's OK to be less than mediocre. In dealing with a supplier this week I received an email that was so full of spelling mistakes that it was appalling! The writer of the letter actually used the (I'm going to use 'word' here...but clearly it's not a word at all!) word "whut". Whut??? WHUT??? Do you mean WHAT? Holy Shit! This is a BUSINESS letter!

Going on public forums and making mention of how spelling has seemingly gone by the way-side I was FLAMED for it. That I was picking on people, coming off arrogant, flaunting my education. My god. If being able to have a gr.8 level of spelling is FLAUNTING my education then YES...I guess I am!

This just really made me so sad. The people that were so vocal about how it's acceptable to have such poor spelling have kids. They are raising their kids that it's OK to be too lazy to use spell check and that if someone says something you disagree with ...not only is it OK but EXPECTED that you retaliate not with logic...but with insults.

Anyway...the bright spot in my week has been Miguel. We hung out on Monday night (I made dinner) and then we went dancing yesterday. I absolutely do care about Miguel. He is really quite sweet and he treats me a lot of respect and silliness - which I do adore.

He is forever giving me compliments and I'm not afraid to admit that the sex is pretty good! He has amazing tattoos on his arms and for some reason I can't keep my eyes off them when we're naked. I know he thinks I don't look elsewhere but I do...my eyes just keep roaming back to his arms.

I am starting to feel more relaxed and open around him. I think I've stopped phreaking out over my body and our noticeable height difference. I am taller than him by at least 3 inches. I think at first it bothered me...but now I don't even notice it!

Saturday is Valentine's Day and I admit that I have pretty high expectations. We are going for dinner and more salsa dancing. I plan on having a little gift for him including one of my favourite Pablo Naruda poems written out in both English and Spanish for him. The gift isn't much...I admit that I have been exceptionally rusty in the 'how to be romantic' department but for some reason I really want to try with Miguel.

I am going to really try to breathe and enjoy this and just see where this goes. Maybe we'll end up with a house on the beach in Mexico, maybe we'll end up with a house on the coast in BC. or maybe this will all end in tequila tears. The point is...I am going to allow myself to feel whatever this is.

I think that I have spied a chip in the wall...

No comments: