Friday, February 01, 2008

The In-Between Girl

It's like phriggin' deja did! Seriously...what is up with men who just want you to be their In Between Girl?

They want to hang out, they want to have sex, they want to essentially date you...but they only want to do that for a predetermined amount of time (unbeknownst to you of course).

I guess I should be quite thankful that I have a very inexperienced Playah trying to finagle me into the In Between Girl role. He has pretty much laid it all out in the open and just thought it was quite odd that I looked at him as if he suddenly grew a 2nd head and said a flat out, emphatic and unmistakable "NO FUCK YOU VERY MUCH!".

I believe that I have been the In Between Girl before...I didn't like it. I also think I might have posted about it before.

Now I'm not kidding myself here...I know I'm not quite up to 'Relationship Time'...but some casual dating would be nice. And maybe it's just because *I* am not the one thinking "this will just be temporary" that I object to this whole notion of "In Between".

I am honestly not quite sure what the difference is between my idea of 'casual dating' and Riley's "In Between Girl" is...except that when I say casual dating I guess I don't think that I KNOW there is an end...but I am not SURE if there is a long term future. With Riley, he KNOWS where his long term is...his ex fiancee... He KNOWS they are getting back together. He KNOWS that all he really wants is to have sex with a few other women before he marries his ex.

He keeps saying he's afraid of not having sex with someone else. He's been with his ex since he was 17. SEVENTEEN!!!! MY GOD!!! And he keeps referring to it as "onegina" Oh how clever...using the number and trying to use part of the word vagina in there. Nice. Onegina...yes...clever. It's not that easy to combine a number and some part of dick or prick or cock or penis. Especially penis!!! Because the plural of penis is not penis...but penises...and that's a lot harder to be clever with.

Now don't get me wrong...I don't believe that anyone should just settle after their first experience. But c'mon I think we all know that it's extremely rare that someone survives a relationship with ONE person for that long. At 17 you are just figuring yourself out. Hell...by your mid 20's you are STILL figuring out who you are.

Or maybe it's just me that has only just sort of NOW figured myself out. Maybe I really am a late bloomer in so many ways.

Anyhoooo. I am probably blowing this all out of proportion as per usual. I thought...I guess I just sort of hoped in vain that perhaps...perhaps just this once, that I could get what *I* wanted when *I* wanted it without compromise!

Sure...I could carry on with Riley...have more fantastic sweaty all night sex...and then when his ex comes back into town he can put me aside and have the engagement ring that is currently in his EAR (yes, he had the stone converted into an earing that he's wearing) BACK into a 18k white gold ring for her... But really...why would I even bother to waste my time??

The sex...almost, but not quite worth it. I mean...ok....so it's fucking (literally) amazing...but pretty soon I'll get emotionally attached and then very soon after THAT he will get more and more emotionally distant...and then my resentment would really blossom into something even *I* would despise.

*sigh* Best to nip this one in the bud I think.

On a different note - I promised more on the monkey sphere. And you may read allll about it
here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well atleast your not bitching about a friend again. I feel terrible for the people you attack on here without realizing they read your blog too.

Geesh

Kathy said...

Are you kidding? You must be joking right? Or maybe you are the embodiement of that Carly Simon song..."You're so vain".

The 'friend' I was bitching about doesn't read this, has no access to this and though I did hear that someone *thought* this was about them...it wasn't.

The Vexation That Shall Not Be Named was NOT named...not even the hint of a name with any letter of VTSNBN.

I'm sure in your head the world revolves around you...but this is my blog...and therefore it revolves around me.