Sunday, February 03, 2008

Bravery...let me explain it to you.

So I have decided to remove the right for anonymous comments on my blog. The reason being that I am always very open about my feelings and thoughts on here - regardless of how I may be judged because of them - yet the anonymous posts on here just sort of piss me off.

If you can't be arsed to be brave and be accountable for your own comments...I can't be arsed to have them. Seriously.

I am also forced to remind my readers once more that this blog is half truths and half fiction and I don't feel obliged to disclose which story/event is which. You may just choose to read or not read as you see fit. This isn't something I'm forcing on anyone...there is no gun to your head.

I heard through the grape vine that Valorie thought the post about the Vexation That Shall Not Be Named was about her...and to that all I can say is "that made me laugh". Literally. I laughed out loud long and hard. Y'see...I do change the names of people to 'protect' them in some manner...but I had already named Valorie in my "Fuck You Plato" post. It's true I use the first letter of the 'real' name as the start of the fictional name...but I don't give people 2 names and I don't name them when I say I'm not going to name them. Savvy?

If I were to talk about Valorie then I would say "Valorie this " or "Valorie that". Also, what further surprised me was that I was pretty clear that the VTSNBN was acting very strangely towards me...IF Valorie was behaving strangely towards me then I simply didn't notice. We don't really talk that much y'see...so it would be easy for me to NOT notice if she was purposely being belligerent or childish around me.


In any event...I am firm in my decision. If you want to leave a comment then by all means...own your comment and be brave enough to have a name...else it's just more random crap...as some of my posts are just random crap too.

2 comments:

Tin Foiled said...

Oh no, sweetie! Every time a train wreck drama queen posts a hissy fit on your blog, an angel gets its wings!

Kathy said...

hahah I suppose that is true. I am trying to stay clear of Drama but like a moth to a flame...I just can't help myself sometimes.

I suppose that just like I have good posts and bad posts I must take the good with the bad comments.

There is a part of me that thinks one should really OWN the words that they put out there...and hiding behing anomynity seems to indicate they are ashamed of their comments - perhaps becuase they have good reason to be.