Monday, February 12, 2007

Duck Duck GOOSE!

Sooo...here I am on a Monday night coughing out my lungs. Poor lungs...they need to stay INSIDE. They like it better inside than out that's for sure.

I thought I would share a funny happening from last week. PLUS...stay tuned for the names I've chosen to TAG with the MEME.

I have put myself back up on a dating site to see if I might be able to meet a decent fellow from there and well...y'know - the usual story. I have had quite a few guys email me and I'm weeding out the ones I'm interested in vs the ones that just entertain me for their sheer stoopiditee.

I have had 2 guys email me on the same day and one in particular was pretty good with words (you all know how important that is to me) so we've been in contact for about a week trying to plan a date. Well...The OTHER guy was also emailing me - not so good with words - but seemed fairly interesting.

I was able to make a date with Dude #2 first. TUES at the Vancouver Art Gallery. 7PM.

After a few days of prolific emailing back and forth Dude # 1 agrees to meet me for drinks TUES at a restaurant downtown from 4:45-6:00PM.

Yes...I DOUBLE BOOKED!

Now...before you start throwing rotten tomatoes at me - have a look at the times. YES I made 2 dates in one evening, BUT they were spaced apart and let's be honest here. A first meeting from a dating site is not typically a 4hr + event so I felt totally confident that I could pull off the Double Dipping with little to no consequences.

Dude # 2 from 4:45-6:30PM was ...meh. His personality is like Communism - looks great on paper but doesn't suit me in real life. We had a pleasant enough time and in fact had dinner at this place. He PAID for it all. Weird. I tried to pay for my portion but he wouldn't hear of it! Fine. Thank you very much Mr. Personality (or lack thereof). We walked one block together and then hugged it out without a 'let's do this again' or a 'here's my phone number'. I was totally satisfied with that. Dinner was yummy and the 2 martini's I had went STRAIGHT to my head!

I go back to my office and change into "Casual Art Chick" outfit much like superman. It was awesome. I even was able to rock out a new hair do in less than 5 mins. I applied the "Night Look" for make up and walked up to the Vancouver Art Gallery and arrived 10 mins early for my date with Dude # 1.

I pay my entrance, check my coat and chat with the concierge there warning them of my school group that will be descending on them in T minus 10 days. I then look around the lobby for Dude # 1. No sign of him. I'm not worried...he still has 5 mins to show up.

At 7:05PM I talk to Fiona (thanks baby) and advise her that I will be late for our standing Tues night American Idol msn date. I tell her about my MIA date and she goes on the site to find him....LOGGED ON! Wow. Ok.

Off I go into the Gallery and I check out the exhibits. I meet a very good looking Black Dude named Andre and we chat about some of the photographs we are looking at. The PAINT exhibit didn't do much for me so I zipped through that and then went to the top floor for the Herzog photographs - what I really went there for.

I see a guy that *kinda* looked like Dude #1 but I was sure it wasn't as how could he be logged on to the site only 10 mins before? So I just peruse the pictures myself.

I had a FABULOUS time. I'm a great date!! Plus I didn't have to have any awkward conversations about what the art meant to me etc etc.

I go home and check my POF emails...perhaps he sent me a "oh no, have to cancel" email.

Nope.

And there he was...logged in.

So I send him this: (title) "Stood up? *sniff sniff*
Hi XXXXXX (protected for no other reason than I'm a nice gal)

I waited for you until about 7:10PM and then went inside the Gallery myself. It really was an amazing exhibit and I definitely recommend you check it out. Good luck with your search!
Kwerkie.
***

I got the big UNREAD / DELETE

I couldn't stop laughing!! I wasn't even MEAN! I mean...I could have been all bitchy about being stood up...but the truth is I had a great time walking around there on my own!

Anyhoooo.

Letter this morning from Dude # 2.

Turns out that Dude # 1 and 2 are ....gasp....FRIENDS and they were both pissed that I double booked them. Neither of them are interested in dating a 'double booker'.

I don't think I did anything wrong. Would it have made them feel better if I had scheduled the dates on 2 different days? How was I to know they are friends?

I can't help but just laugh. Tooooo funnnay!

Ok....on to the Tagging.

I tag: Shenanigans, The Biscuit, Earthyartist, Babygirl

I now have to tell these lovelies that they've been tagged. The most HORRIFIC thing I can think of that I have to join phreaking myspace to do this for some of them...and I friggin' hate myspace.

Alrighty.

Now for dinner!

2 comments:

Tin Foiled said...

Oh whatever... they sound like they want to be living in a Seinfeld episode. Too bad, they're the ones that missed out!

Carmen said...

ppppfffffffffttttttt

i didnt wanna do it anyways ;)