Friday, January 12, 2007

To err is human, to fogive is devine

If anyone has bothered to read my last post you may have noticed that there was a comment left by 'Anonymous'.

I am always very curious about the comments left here and I want you to know that I do read each and every one of them and I always hope for one or two witty remarks left by LadyK or even the long lost TinFoiled. Even Aramous has been quiet lately though I suspect he's busy with ideas of wedded bliss (Congrats again Baby!). Carmen (nee Chloe) and V have also not put finger to keyboard on here for a while but that's all OK. It's not about quantity, it's quality.

So when I saw that I had a comment I was all a twitter and though my email advised it was from 'Anonymous' I secretly hoped it was someone NOT so anonymous.

Sooo...can you imagine my bewilderment when I received a comment suggesting I check out another blog? It went something like this:

Kwerkie "OOOOhhhh a comment! WEEEEE"

Comment "Check out www this adddress dot com"

Kwerkie: "Umm...WTF? Ok...thanks for leaving me a comment that was relevant! (sarcasm) pffft. Jerk."

I sat there for a few moments a bit annoyed that the comment was so self gratifying. Of course I KNOW that The Single Files is 100% my own trek into Egoville and I admit I revel in just how indulgent I do become, but it's not like I go around posting on random blogs suggesting they take Fergie's advice and "Check it out".

However, my curiosity got the better of me and I DID check out the web site.

So to you Christine I say 'tut tut' for being so bold as to post your blog on mine without so much as an introduction or comment about anything you may have connected with in my own writing, but I do forgive you.

I forgive you because as I read the few posts you have there I was reminded of an earlier time in The Single Files. I forgive you because of the voracity in which I read every word, how my eyes feasted on metaphors and my brain nearly over-dosed on eloquence. I forgive you because I think it was a gentle reminder to me that I will only get what I put into this, and I can't keep up the road to Dullsville much longer - it's even grating on ME.

So I retract my earlier statement of "Jerk" and instead replace it with 'Inspirer"

Thank you.

And yes...I advise anyone with a pulse to check out The Shut-In - A Novel

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im around, I just am not a big commenter. Wonder why..hmm. Thoughts to ponder.

Tin Foiled said...

I'm here too! I always read your new posts as soon as they arrive, and I always want to add something clever and sweet and relevent and inspiring... My brain just doesn't always cooperate.

Christine is a vulgar spammer. She didn't even read your post and she just left a comment to drive traffic to her blog. It's like she went to your art gallery opening and pinned up signs to her garage sale under your works.

Carmen said...

interstingly enough, when you post that someone ISN'T posting, they tend to post :)

go check out carmen101.blogspot.com

HAHA.

well Dahling, like you said QUALITY over quantity and boy is my blog QUALITY *snicker*

Miss ya :)

Lady K said...

I have evilly tagged you with a meme.

Anonymous said...

Well I definitely understand your feelings surrounding people leaving their links on your blog. Not all are sneaky though. It would seem that you found a rather interesting link as a result. Thank you for your congratulations honey. I've given my notice and will be moving to Calgary at the end of June. Pretty happy about it too. Anymore thoughts about moving to Calgary? Aramous

Anonymous said...

i just read your blog for tthe first time! long over-due. good word usage.

it'd be great to see ya sometime sooner than later. and hey! check out MY blog too!

hugs