Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My Life needs an Enima!

Right! I've been constipated on the issue of Mattias for far too long. It's time to shit or get off the pot.

I've decided that a change in the appearance of The Single Files was needed. After looking through Lady K's blog and LOVING the changes she's made there...I thought it was high time to switch things around here.

No more Kwerkie the Kermit....on to Kwerkie the Klassy.

To be a class act I shall have to do some major overhauling.

1) Thursday is D day for Mattias and I. I can't give any more and I need a lot more than he is giving. It's not a suprise - we have been doing the 'this isn't working' dance for a while now and it's time that I grew up and just took care of it.

My friend Jordie said something to me the other day that I can't stop thinking about. "Is the fucking you're having worth the fucking you're getting" - a bit of redneck philosophy to make me realize that all the issues that are between Mattias and I are NOT worth all the stress.

I KNOW relationships are work. I KNOW there needs to be give and take...but the point is to find a bit of a balance - I no longer feel that this see-saw game is safe for me. I am aware that this sounds like a fairweather lover point of view, but let's be honest here - I'm not likely to get the end product I want - ie KID(s) of my own - why hang on to something that isn't what I want? It's like those silly green high heels I bought in the Spring and never wore nor returned.

2) I am afraid that I am becoming a bit jaded in my perception of people in general. The clique that I hang out with have some good 'keepers' in there but I am getting more and more disgruntled with the amount of immature bullshit that seems to be teaming through it. In particular I am saddened that my friendships with some people seem to be have been built on smoke and mirrors.

I can barely deal with my OWN emotional napalm let alone someone else's and I am getting more and more bored with the attempts at self gratification and manipulation that I see others doing.

I need to be on my own for a while. I need to cave a bit. I need to get a bit of a firmer stance on the ground so that I don't just fly off the handle at any old thing.

I am thinking about taking a self defence class. I think it will help me in a few ways - but mostly to be a bit less sensitive and emotional. Sometimes I cherish my openess with my feelings...other times it just seems to get me ito more trouble and heartache then necessary.

Does anyone have any advice for become a cold hearted bitch? Perhaps just a bit more guarded??

And...how do you like the new look?

And...how do I add my links back??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new look hon....

and I miss you :)

Will said...

The blog looks great!

For self defense classes, figure out what you want to get out of it. Karate and tae kwon do are high energy workout types. Kung fu and tai chi tend to make you sweat less but are still good challenges for the body. I've become intrigued lately with capoeira, though the incredible balance that comes with the study of ninjitsu is also something I would consider had I the time. Aikido, judo and jujitsu are the choices for wrestling and grappling. Don't discount the western stuff too. Boxing is a very good workout and more and more women are doing it these days.

Miss you klever bear!

-W

ps. drop me a line when you have some time.

Giggles said...

Boundaries, boundaries, boundaries, right from the get go....that’s my only advice...some say it makes you a cold hard bitch! You know what you want; …now go and find a copy of “The Secret”! I hear it’s amazing!!! Glad you're back....sorry the relationship didn't work out for you! Blog looks good, especially now that it has some consistent posts again. You may have to manually reenter your links in the template!

Have a great day!
Peace and giggles!