Friday, June 09, 2006

All in a lather

Alright. I admit it. I can’t seem to let this one go and even thought I KNOW it’s silly and a complete waste of my time…I just haven’t been able to shake Max out of my system. Maybe I just need to take a long shower. Go all South Pacific on this one and ‘wash that man right out…”. Problem is…I like him. I’ve liked him (all very secret squirrel like) for a while (since January if I want to be totally honest). I think what I am objecting to the most is the bad drunk sex…I won’t get a do-over in a proper way and it bugs me.

In other news…LadyK is moving away and this makes me very sad. For completely selfish reasons of course…but this is my blog so I can be selfish if I want!

Before LadyK moves she is going on a 2 month adventure to Gay Paris! Oooh La La! (start reading this with an Inspector Clusseax accent).

Madame K will goh tu Paris and ….uhhh…’ow you say visit wid TinFoil. Zen she will be gohing tu all ze art muzeeums et cafés and be drinking wine and eating of the…ummm…’ow you zay cheeses??

I must admit to being a bit envious of LadyK and her exciting adventure. However, let me qualify that by saying that 1) this is going to be sooooo good for her and 2) I am happy that she is taking on this exciting journey for herself.

I guess that’s one trait I am very proud of. I actually DO want the best for my friends and loved ones. This isn’t just lip (or finger) service…this is the real meal deal. The reason I mention this is that I believe THIS is the reason why I haven’t been able to let go of Peggy’s comments to me.

I may have failed to mention that Peggy wrote me an email asking about the status between Max and I so that she can ‘emotionally prepare’ herself for what might occur during our camping trip. (10 of us went camping). I couldn’t help but interpret this to mean ‘don’t date Max’. And it was reinforced when we went camping and Max opted out of sleeping in my tent so that Peggy wouldn’t be ‘uncomfortable’.

At the end of Peggy’s email came the tag line “…not that I wouldn’t want happiness for my friends”.

Well…let’s just see. Max and I were secretly seeing each other since Whistler. Oh yes…Max is my Whistler Romp. (and it was a great weekend despite the state of the wookie). He was probably spending less time with her than she was used to. After they broke up they continued to be great friends and Max was still over at her place (or she at his) quite often. Sooo...if she wanted him to be happy, why wouldn’t she be happy for him to move on and date someone who was interested in him? Could it be, maybe, just maybe, that even though she didn’t want to date Max anymore, she just didn’t want him to stop doing all the things he was for her?

Maybe I’m off base here, but somehow I suspect I’ve hit the nail on it’s rather large, jealous and manipulative head.

Now. Having said allll of this, let’s not absolve Max of the situation. After all, he’s an adult and can make adult decisions about things pertaining to his own life. By choosing to sleep in Peggy’s tent at camping the message he was sending me is “I’m just not that into you and I’m obviously hoping that Peggy’s jealous fit means she wants me back”.

Max did come to my tent to check on me and to talk to me and to say that things were cool between us (wtf?) and that it was only to give Peggy time to get used to things. Hmmm…do I believe him? Not so much.

So…here is what it boils down to:

1) Peggy only wants what SHE considers to be best for her friends…stuff that works for her. Not altogether altruistic.

2) Max is holding out hope that Peggy will take him back

3) I deserve better than all of it.



Now…where did I put my lovely coconut smelling shampoo???

1 comment:

Lady K said...

And don't forget you are getting a futon very good for the seducing of les beaux hommes!