Monday, March 06, 2006

Is it true??? Can you never go home again?

In 4 days I"m going back to Thunder Bay to celebrate my Grandma's 90th Birthday. I am feeling a bit anxious about it for a few reaons.

I'm not a good grandchild. Oh sure I had my moments of excessive cuteness and my fair share of accomplishes...but I haven't done any sort of family duty in the past 12 years or so. I never call. I rarely email. I don't send cards or gifts or anything. It's not that I don't love my grandparents and it's not that I don't think of them...in fact I often have very lucid dreams about them...especially both of my grandmothers.

I have some bits of my past that I have felt like I have delt with as much as I can at the moment...mayby this trip will help me let it go. I sometimes fear that I will turn into my mother and be a Bitter Betty.

I see it in other people I know as well. I fear my grumpy pants have been on long enough. Even my BOSS comented today that I"m not as shiny and new as I once was...what has happened to my bubbles?

So tonight I came home...took a VERY long and VERY hot shower and then I proceeded to scrub the grumpy off of me. Tonight I will be going to bed at a very reasonable time and then I will wake up and feel fresh. I have my outfit all picked out and I will be every so cute! I shall do my make up and my hair and I will be pleasant and witty to everyone.

I had a fabulous dinner....leafy greens!! With chicken!! yummm

Thunder Bay will be a test of the grumpy pants for sure...but I am determined to find myself at last.

1 comment:

Tin Foiled said...

Hiya! I keep meaning to leave a comment -- it seems you're going through a transition period, which are always exciting.

This it the perfect opportunity for something good to happen at home -- something different from all the other times that you've gone home. I'm wishing you all the best of luck!

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, I need to get on Amazon to send a family birthday present ASAP...