Thursday, October 12, 2006

Shut up WhiteSnake!

So here I go again on my own.
Goin' down the only road I"ve ever known.
Like a drifter I was- I SAID.....SHUT UP WHITESNAKE!

*sigh* So of course Mattias and I have ended our romantic dalliance. It was coming for a while and to be honest, it was the very nicest break up I have ever had.

It started innocent enough - he was asking how my brother and sister-in-law were doing now that their baby has come into the world 2 1/2 weeks early. It morphed into the "We both know Kwerkie wants kids" talk....and then pretty soon we were sitting there with this ENORMOUS elephant in the room which we both refused to acknowledge.

Kwerkie "Do you see that great big elephant sitting over there?"

Mattias "Oh...you mean that large Grey Affrican with the floppy ears and extra long trunk?"

Kwerkie "Oh...is that what that is? An Affrican Grey?

Mattias "You tell me....I dont' see it"

And there it was....over. It ended with lots of cuddling and he even stayed the night...in my bed. And nothing happened. Well...we did cuddle. There was no nookie or wookie or nose biting or anything to suggest that we were lovers.

I melted down a wee bit in the morning when he gave me back my keys. The fact that we haven't really stopped talking to each other still seems a bit odd. We were talkers....5-8 times a day when we didn't see each other....and at least 3-5 times during the day PRIOR to meeting up. We were all about talking. And we talked about everything.

LadyK even made the comment that Mattias was the closest personality match to myself and that she could totally understand why I was attracted to him both physicaly and mentally.

*sigh*

It's a bit silly...but I know that he isn't the one for me so that makes me feel a bit better. There are changes coming...moving most likey to a cheaper place so I can save some $$ and then .....brace yourself....Calgary in 2008.

Maybe I'll get a horse....probably just a dog though - and to be clear I am NOT talking metaphorically.

What a great time...right before my birthday. I must be getting wiser or something.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love yah bebe *hugs*

Sat night!!

Anonymous said...

Hey babe, Miss ya and cant wait to see you on saturday...

Ill give ya a BIG HUG

Supafab said...

Wow.. that was about the most mature 'breakup' I've ever heard of. Wish I could handle stuff like that!
-Your fellow Vancouverite:)

Lady K said...

Calgary's dating scene won't know what hit 'em! All the kewl kids are moving to Alberta!

Anonymous said...

hmmm....that's about our timeline too.... wanna be a nanny?

-just kidding ;)

Speaking of horses though, my aunt raises Andalusians in Cochran, just outside cowtown, and we could definately arrange some horse stuff if you were keen!