Monday, November 21, 2005

The Lovey List

Alrighty! I have spent the last little while wondering what is important to me FOR me. I have come up with a few things and have listed them here. I think that Lists are an important part of my life. I never feel like I am enslaved to them, rather they help me not to be a slave to chaos.

I figure I have 3 key areas of my life that I need to focus my attention on so that I will once again feel more settled and happy.

PHYSICAL HEALTH
* I vow to go to the gym 4 days out of 7.
I don't have to go on 4 consecutive days...but in a 7 day period (typically from Sunday - Sunday) I must go at least 4 times to the gym.

* I vow to walk to the seawall (all 10K of it) on one day of my weekend provided that it is not raining heavily. I have a rain jacket...I can use that if it sprinkles/showers. If it's pouring down rain...I will give it a pass. My goal is health...not pneumonia

*I vow to join a Kundalini Yoga class once more. Further more...I vow to NEVER blow this class off for ANYONE! This class will be MY class. This is something I need to do for myself and I will not compromise this for anyone.

*I vow to cook more of my own meals and to bring my lunch to work every day except Fridays. Friday will be my treat day to eat out at The Salad Loop. (yummy garlic beans)

*I vow to eat my food more slowly...to really chew and enjoy my food and not wolf it all down in 5 minutes.

EMOTIONAL HEALTH

*I vow to be kind to myself. This means not calling myself names or getting down on myself when I make an error.

*I vow to live in the moment. This means letting go of the past and not worrying about what people think.

*I vow to buy myself flowers...at least 10 large gerberra daisies once a month.

*I vow to get up early every day to style my hair, do my make up and face the world with class.

*I vow to give more hugs, compliments and kisses.! Well...for now my kisses are reserved to my two gorgeous nephews.

*I vow constantly pursue my own sense of self worth and beauty. This means getting better acquainted with my body.

INTELLECTUAL HEALTH

*I vow to read one non-fiction book in between fiction books.

*I vow to learn another language. Spanish! New classes begin in Jan.

*I vow to take in more shows at the Art gallery, more Live Theatre and more Live Music.

*I vow to learn about the wines I enjoy so much by attending wine tasting around town.



This is just the beginning. Feel free to add any suggestions. Remember that it has to be inspiring and it has to not harm anyone.

Lovey Dovey Kwerkie.

3 comments:

jo c said...

i like this list... this is good... i should come up with a lovely list like that too...

Anonymous said...

I would say you need to add one more are: Spiritual.

If you're religious, several things that could go there obviously suggest themselves.

However, even if you're not, deciding how you can best get in touch with your spiritual side--scheduling time to meditate, taking a regular nature walk, reading something uplifting on a regular basis, etc.--I believe will make a big difference in your ability to put meaning into the other three areas.

Otherwise, looks like a great list--and a great exercise!

Anonymous said...

Simone says: Blog me baby! You're falling behind! Hehehehe